The "Georgios Vernardakis Digital Library" is located on the second floor of the CHS Greece, and allows researchers of all ages, who visit the Center in Nafplio, to have the unique privilege of access, free of charge, to the University’s digital resources: one of the richest digital libraries of the world.
CHS Greece also holds a small printed library, which includes copies of the CHS Hellenic Series books, some important editions of classical literature, dictionaries, guides, novels, etc. It is generously supported by the CHS US as well as with contributions made by friends of the Center.
Announcement May 3 2022
Following the new measures for the protection of public health, from Tuesday, May 3 2022, access to the CHS Greece premises will be taking place as follows:
CHS Greece will be accepting a specific number of visitors wishing to use the Digital Libray services, only via phone reservation and in compliance with all relevant safety measures.
The use of a protective mask is mandatory throughout the stay at the Center’s premises.
Days/hours of the Digital Library
Monday to Friday, 10am - 5pm
*Closed on public Greek holidays
Digital Library guidelines
- Library visitors should fill in an online registration form found on the Digital Library's front page to create a personal user-account that is required for accessing the online resources.
- Library users are kindly requested to log out from their personal account, when leaving the Digital Library.
- Visitors may bring notebooks and laptops to the library.
- Visitors must maintain a scholarly atmosphere in the library at all times.
- Food is not allowed in the digital library.
- Users also have access to the Center’s latest news, as well as to other services and tools (e.g., announcements of the Center). They can also subscribe to CHS Greece's email list to receive newsletters, invitations to events, etc.
- Visitors must follow, at all times, all safety and other regulations related to the use of the Digital Library and other spaces of CHS Greece, as communicated by the Center’s staff.