- Dates: February 12-18, 2023
- Location: Nafplio, Greece
- Organized by: CHS Greece
- Open to: Postgraduate students and Ph.D. candidates of Greek universities from specific scientific fields (up to 5 positions)
- Application Period: October 24 - November 20, 2022
- Language: Greek
- Academic Committee: Georgios Evangelopoulos (Panteion University), Maria Kandyla (National Hellenic Research Foundation), Andreas Nikolovgenis (University of Ioannina), Nicolas Prevelakis (Harvard University), Nikoletta Tsitsanoudis-Mallidis (University of Ioannina), and Christina Chatzivasileiou (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) – Members of the CHS Greece Interdisciplinary Advisory Committee
- Activity Administration: Evan Katsarelis (CHS Greece)
Applications are currently closed.
About the program
Aiming to support the work of early career researchers, CHS Greece announces the new program of Visiting Researchers in Nafplio. The program's objective is for young researchers to benefit from access to the resources and tools provided by the digital library of Harvard University in Nafplio and to have the opportunity to collaborate and interact with the CHS Greece academic community. This year's program offers up to five (5) positions and is open to researchers whose research is related to at least one of the following subjects:
- Natural Sciences
- Theater, Cinema, and Performing Arts
- Architecture and Urban Design
- Greek Language and Culture
- Political Theory and International Relations
Provisions for the visiting researchersThe program includes the following:
- A week-long trip to Nafplio to use the CHS Greece facilities from February 12 to 18, 2023. CHS will cover travel expenses (transportation and accommodation in a single hotel room within walking distance from CHS Greece) and offer a per diem amount to cover meals.
- Access to the electronic databases of Harvard University during the stay in Nafplio. The Center will provide a dedicated workstation and guidance on how to use the digital library.
- Academic support and advising from the academic committee members of the program during the week of stay in Nafplio through meetings online, in person, or both.
- Participation in a roundtable discussion to present their research and interact with other members of the Center's academic community.
- Presentation of their research profile and project on the CHS Greece websites, social media, and other networks.
- Invitation to attend the annual CHS–International Olympic Academy (IOA) Scholars Symposium in Ancient Olympia.
- Researchers will be named CHS Visiting Researchers in Nafplio 2022-2023.
Eligible applicants are postgraduate students and Ph.D. candidates from Greek universities whose research is related to at least one of the scientific fields and subjects mentioned. Although the activities in which the visiting researchers will participate are expected to be in Greek, applicants should have fluency in English. Applicants may not apply to other CHS research opportunity programs during the same application cycle.
The deadline for submitting applications is Sunday, November 20, 2022, at midnight (Eastern European Time). The application should be submitted in English. As part of the application process, applicants must upload a research proposal, a curriculum vitae, a sample of their research work or a portfolio of past projects, a copy of their transcripts from their most recent completed studies, and a recent letter from their department which certifies their student status. Applicants must also provide the name and contact information for one reference letter. Please note that the program's academic committee members may not provide reference letters to applicants. All applicants will receive notification of the selection committee's decision in December 2022.