- Full Title: Harvard Spring Break in Greece for Students and Alumni
- Dates: March 10 - 18, 2023
- Locations: Nafplio, Olympia, Delphi, Athens (Greece)
- Organized by: Harvard Alumni Association Travels, in collaboration with CHS Greece and CHS US
- Open to: Harvard alumni, HeroesX participants, Harvard graduate and undergraduate students
- Registration Period: Limited number of travelers, on a first-come first-served basis
- Language: English
- Academic Coordination: Gregory Nagy (Harvard), Naomi Weiss (Harvard)
- Activity Administration: Harvard Alumni Association Travels, Evan Katsarelis (CHS Greece), Mina Tsentourou (CHS Greece)
Visit the Harvard Alumni Association Travels Spring Break in Greece webpage for pricing and registration details.
About the trip
Overview and participants
The “Spring Break in Greece for Students & Alumni” trip resumes in March 2023 with Harvard professors Nagy and Weiss as academic leaders. Starting from Nafplio and Mycenae and proceeding through the Peloponnese on the way to Delphi and Athens, participants can delve into this part of the world and its unique history, supplementing their explorations with selected readings in translation from Homer, Pausanias, and even some modern texts.
The group consists of students and alumni, enriching the academic experience with the presence of an intergenerational Harvard community. The program is open to participants of the Ancient Greek Hero massive open online course (known also as HeroesX) as well, and it also hosts poets awarded with the Michael Marks Pamphlet poetry award.
Schedule by day in 2023
- March 10: Depart USA on an overnight flight
- March 11: Arrive in Athens / Transfer to Nafplio / Welcome dinner
- March 12: Nafplio
- March 13: Nafplio / Olympia
- March 14: Olympia / Delphi
- March 15: Delphi / Athens
- March 16: Athens
- March 17: Athens
- March 18: Departure flights home