Program’s identity and key information
- Organizers: Harvard Alumni Association Travels, supported by CHS Greece and CHS US
- Dates: March 11–19, 2022 (nine days)
- Location: Nafplio, Olympia, Delphi, Athens
- Open to: Harvard Alumni, HeroesX alumni, Harvard graduate and undergraduate students
- Study Leader: Gregory Nagy (Harvard/CHS)
- CHS in Greece contact person: Evan Katsarelis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Held: Annually
- Registrations: Limited number of travelers, on a first-come first-served basis
Do you wish to spend the next Spring Break in Greece? Visit the Harvard Alumni Association Travels Spring Break in Greece webpage for pricing and registration details. Please direct your program-related questions to the Harvard Alumni Association Travels via email or call (+1 800 422 1636, +1 617 496 0806).
About the trip
Overview and participants
In cooperation with the Harvard Alumni Association, the Center for Hellenic Studies supports the organization of the “Spring Break in Greece for Students & Alumni” trip in March 2022. Academic head of the program is professor Nagy. Starting from Nafplio and Mycenae and proceeding through the Peloponnese on the way to Delphi and Athens, participants can delve into this part of the world and its unique history, supplementing their explorations with selected readings in translation from Homer, Pausanias, and even some modern texts.
The group consists of students and alumni, enriching the academic experience with the presence of an intergenerational Harvard community. The program is open to alumni of the Ancient Greek Hero massive open online course (known also as HeroesX) as well, and it also hosts poets awarded with the Michael Marks Pamphlet poetry award.
Schedule by day
- March 11: Depart USA on an overnight flight
- March 12: Arrive in Athens / Transfer to Nafplio / Welcome dinner
- March 13: Nafplio
- March 14: Nafplio / Olympia
- March 15: Olympia / Delphi
- March 16: Delphi / Athens
- March 17: Athens
- March 18: Athens
- March 19: Departure flights home