- Locations: Nafplio, Athens, Delphi, Nafpaktos, Messolonghi, Ioannina, Thessaloniki (Greece)
- Organized by: Harvard Alumni Association Travels, supported by CHS Greece and CHS US
- Open to: Harvard Alumni, HeroesX alumni, Harvard students
- Registration Period: Limited number of travelers, on a first-come first-served basis
- Language: English
- Academic Coordination: Keith DeStone (Harvard, CHS)
- Activity Administration: Harvard Alumni Association Travels, Evan Katsarelis (CHS Greece)
Visit the Harvard Alumni Association Travels May trip in Greece webpage for pricing and registration details.
About the trip
Overview and participants
Starting in the picturesque seaside town of Nafplio and ending in the great metropolis of Thessaloniki, the "Greece through the Ages: Cultures, Religions, and Writings for Students and Alumni" travel-study tour takes as its theme the development of cultures, religions, scripts, and writing technologies throughout the ages. Participants visit museums and historical sites along the way, where they have the chance to get up-close views of clay tablets, scrolls, illuminated manuscripts, and more. Greece's stunning landscapes, its long history, and its wonderful late-spring season, along with the company of Harvard students and alumni, set the stage for a unique intergenerational academic experience.