- Dates: December 19, 2020 (one 4-hour session)
- Location: Online
- Organized by: CHS Greece
- Open to: Philology instructors (up to 18 participants)
- Application Period: November 2 - November 30, 2020
- Language: Greek
- Academic Coordination: Giorgos Trapalis (Society for the Promotion of Education and Learning, CHS Associate in Information Fluency)
- Activity Administration: Matina Goga (CHS Greece)
About the workshop
This workshop aims at introducing philology instructors to concepts such as digital literacy and information fluency, and to research methods in digital environments, focusing on Greek and English digital resources in the humanities.
The workshop's main objectives include participants developing fluency in research and understanding of open access digital resources and in evaluating digital resources of knowledge in addition to the use of these online tools in teaching the Greek language, literature, and history.
During the workshop, participants work closely with the workshop's coordinator and participate in group discussions and individual and group exercises.
Participation in the workshop is offered free of charge and on a first-come-first-served basis. Prospective applicants are invited to submit a brief description of their aspirations and motive to apply, along with their communication details.
Application opens on November 2, and closes on November 30, 2020.