Program’s identity and key information
- Organizers: CHS US, CHS Greece
- Dates: June 1, 2020–May 31, 2021 (one year)
- Location: Greece
- Open to: Junior faculty members (Adjunct Lecturers, Lecturers or Assistant Professors), Scientific and Laboratory Teaching Staff ("ΕΔΙΠ" and "ΕΕΠ") who hold a PhD, of Schools of Humanities and Social Sciences from Greek Universities (two positions per year)
- Program Coordination: Evan Katsarelis (CHS Greece, email@example.com)
- Held: Annually
- Application deadlines: Opens mid-January, closes mid-February, 2020
Do you wish to apply for this fellowship opportunity? Download the DOCX file which includes information on the procedure and all required documentation when it becomes available.
About the fellowships
In the context of the Harvard Summer Program in Greece, two fellowship awards have been established by CHS for new researchers who are employed in Greek universities. These annual fellowships aim to attract applicants with an academic background strongly related to the discipline of Comparative Cultural Studies, which is the academic core of the summer program. As part of their appointment, the fellows spend one week with the program, during which they present their work and interact with colleagues and international students, engaging in fruitful discussions about their different educational environments.
Provisions for the fellows
- Year-long appointment as CHS Fellow in Comparative Cultural Studies in Greece.
- Year-long access to all Harvard electronic resources. The fellows receive an ID and HarvardKey to have access to all digital libraries, available through the Harvard University library system.
- A week-long stay in Nafplio or in Thessaloniki in July. The fellows attend all seminars taught during that week and address a one-hour lecture to the students on their respective fields of interest. The Center covers all relevant travel and accomodation expenses and offers an additional honorarium.
Application is open to researchers employed at Schools of Humanities and Social Sciences of Higher Education in Greece. You may view a list of all eligible schools closer to the new application cycle. Prospective applicants must hold the position of adjunct lecturer, lecturer or assistant professor, or be standing members of the Scientific and Laboratory Teaching Staff ("ΕΔΙΠ" and "ΕΕΠ") with a PhD.