Channels of Expression in Times of Change: Music and Dance across continents
Opening remarks by:
Sanjay Kumar, The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, New Delhi Office (The Mittal SAI New Delhi), Helena Monteiro, David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies Brazil Office (DRCLAS Brazil), Evan Katsarelis (CHS Greece), Zoie Lafis (CHS US)-curator of the event.
- Panayotis League, Assistant Professor of Ethnomusicology and Director of the Center for Music of the Americas, Florida State University
- Yuri-Grace Ohashi, Harvard College Class of 2021. Ms. Ohashi conducts research focused on the intersection of psychological health and at-risk dance populations, specifically ballet dancers. Her dance-related activities include: Harvard Dance Center Intern; Executive Director and Choreographer for Harvard Expressions Dance Company; Scene Director for Eleganza Show at Harvard College.
CHS Greece, CHS US, DRCLAS Brazil, The Mittal SAI New Delhi
Time of the event:
Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) 1:00–2:00pm, Eastern European Time (EET) 8:00–9:00pm
Synopsis of the event:
Four units of Harvard University across continents will present dance expressions of ancient, modern, and contemporary understandings of:
- Cosmic synergies encompassing both change and equilibrium in the cosmos (Asia)
- Timeless truths on human emotion and experience to seek answers to contemporary questions (North America)
- Human relations and their dynamics (Europe)
- Universal connections between humanity and elements of nature (South America)
The presentation of these four dance performances will be followed by a conversation among the artists and special guests.
Persons with disabilities who wish to request accommodations or who have questions about access, please contact email@example.com in advance of the session. Please note that we will make every effort to secure services, but that services are subject to availability.
The event is open to all and will be broadcasted on Vimeo: https://worldwide.harvard.edu/24hh-24-hours-harvard