Program’s identity and key information
- Organizer: CHS Greece
- Dates: Monthly events from January to June annually
- Held: Annually
- Locations: Nafplio, Athens, Thessaloniki, Patras, Rethymno
- Participants: General public
- Events Series Academic Committee: Lucia Athanassaki, Anna Stavrakopoulou , Xenophon Paparrigopoulos , Anastasia-Erasmia Peponi , Christos Giannopoulos
- Collaborating and/or supporting institutions: MOMus-Museum of Contemporary Art, University of Crete, National Library of Greece, University of Patras
- Program Coordination: Evan Katsarelis, CHS Greece (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the Events Series
Events Series isone of the longest-running CHS Greece activities, launched in 2008. The Center invites prominent academics and experts from various fields from Greece and abroad, and addresses the local communities of the Argolis region and of Greece, through an annual series of lectures, discussion panels, and presentations, that take place on a monthly base in different locations nationwide.
Throughout the years, CHS Greece has joined forces with many authorities and institutions in organizing its annual series of events, such as, but not limited to: the Municipality of Nafplio, the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki, the Museum of Byzantine History of Thessaloniki, the National Library of Greece, the MOMus-Museum of Contemporary Art, the Universities of Patras and of Crete, the Society for Promoting Education and Learning, the Municipality of Ermionida, and others.
Events Series in 2020
Each annual cycle of the Events Series engages with a new general topic. This year’s cycle focuses on the topic of “Eutopia, Dystopia, Utopia: Environmental aesthetics and politics”. On this topic, we seek to raise and discuss the following issues: the natural and built environment, as an experience and as a source of inspiration and imagination; political, philosophical and anthropological approaches of the environment in different historical periods; scientific, theological and ethical aspects of climate change.
Check the upcoming events in our website’s designated section. Alternatively, download the full Events Series 2020 program with further information on the exact dates and speakers (PDF) when it becomes available.
Videos of past events
If you wish to explore more of the Events Series program, you can find videos of past events in our YouTube channel. Access the videos.